Important Information About FPEIM ListServ
The purpose of the FPEIM ListServ is for the exchange of municipal government information and ideas among our membership and invited guests. Participation of members in the ListServ is completely voluntary. A member may unsubscribe at any time.
To subscribe to the ListServ, send your request for membership to the FPEIM office at: email@example.com. Providing you are eligible, you will be added to the membership list and a confirmation along with your membership ID and password will be sent to you.
The ListServ is easy to use. Suppose you have a question, such as: "Have any municipalities recently updated an emergency response plan and if so, can you send me a copy?" A member who wishes to respond can send an e-mail and attachment to all ListServ members for information by using the ListServ mailing address. Alternatively, a response may be sent only to the individual who has requested the information.
Here are a few tips that we ask you to consider when using the FPEIM ListServ.
- Please note that if a question or notice is posted on the list serve to which you want to reply, hitting "reply" or "respond to sender" will send your reply out to the entire List Serve membership. This is acceptable if the information contained in your reply is something that you want to share with the entire group. However, if you want to respond only to the individual who posted the question or notice, do not hit reply. Start a new e-mail to that individual alone.
- In the event that you set up an "auto reply" on your e-mail account (such as when you will be out of the office), either unsubscribe from the ListServ or set up your auto response to not include the ListServ. If you don't, every time a notice is posted to the ListServ by another member, your "out of office reply" will go to everyone.
- Please note that the FPEIM ListServ is not to be used for advertising personal or business services or products. Municipal advertisements such as municipal employment searches are permitted. We do, however, encourage the sharing of information such as professional development opportunities.
- Please do not use the ListServ for telling jokes or for political purposes.
- Please keep your posts within the scope of the ListServ's intended use which is to share information relating to municipal government.
Thank you and enjoy your FPEIM ListServ membership!
Available FPEIM ListServ Groups:
Click here to view the ListServ Member Manual